Xeomin and Botox
As we age, facial expressions like frowning, quizzical and worrying expressions, smiling and laughing create muscle contractions which eventually result in fine lines and deep furrows in the skin. These are called dynamic wrinkles – induced by muscle contraction. They are commonly found on the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes- crow’s feet. And, they make us look older, tired, sad and angry.
What is Xeomin/Botox Used for?
Xeomin is designed to temporarily ease these dynamic wrinkles and furrows and prevent them from deepening. It is also used to improve the appearance of neck bands, can be used to lift the eyebrows, and open the eyes. These subtle enhancements may help reversing signs of aging without looking like you have had “work done”.
What is Xeomin?
Xeomin is an injectable neuromodulator similar to Botox and Dysport. It is injected into the targeted muscles to temporarily block nerve impulses to weaken muscle movements that caused the dynamic wrinkles. This may provide almost immediate improvement in appearance and may prevent the deepening of these grooves and wrinkles.
Individual results may vary.
What is the difference between Xeomin, Botox and Dysport?
- They are all made from the botulinum toxin.
- They all work the same- weakening muscle contractions which may prevent and reduce dynamic wrinkles.
- They are all safe and effective for all skin types and colors.
- They should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding and when taking muscle relaxers.
- They all last about the same length of time- about 4 to 6 months, though individual experiences differ.
- Each brand contains a different formulation. Xeomin is made of botulinum toxin the same as Botox and Dysport. But it is “naked” or “purified” meaning all unnecessary proteins have been removed. Whereas Botox and Dysport contain protective proteins which can cause allergic reactions or antibodies to develop which would restrict the action of these products.
- Xeomin is unique in the way it is manufactured. The purification process requires many steps, and the result is a product less likely to cause allergic reaction, or antibodies.
- Botox and Dysport require refrigeration. Xeomin does not.
- Results are similar but strength and dosing is different.
- If you have tried Botox, Xeomin and Dysport are alternatives.
- It may take 3-6 days to begin to see Xeomin’s impacts.
Using a very fine needle, your plastic surgeon at Cary Med Spa and Wellness will inject into each specific muscle. This causes only very mild discomfort. The entire procedure usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Bruising at the injection site
Numerous studies have shown that if you look better, you feel better. Xeomin may be a fix for busy people who desire to refresh their appearance. So do something for yourself, call Cary Med Spa & Wellness in Cary, North Carolina and let us discuss how we can help you look and feel your best.
To schedule a consultation call (919) 473-6002 or