Laser Hair Removal Pre & Post Care Instructions
Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Avoid tanning for a month before your procedures
- Apply sun screen that physically block the harmful rays
- Do not pluck or wax at least 2 weeks before the procedure
- Shave 2-3 days before the procedure, not before. The hair follicles must be visible for the laser to be effective
- Long hair will be more painful to remove
- Do not bleach your hair – mustaches, etc. Dark hair responds best
- We may prescribe antibiotics prior to the procedure
- Clean your skin and do not use any creams or lotions. Deodorant will be removed before treatment
After Care Instructions
- The area treated will feel like a sunburn. Use cool compresses and moisturizer.
- Take warm not hot showers for the first week.
- As the treated hair falls out( over 2-3 weeks), it is important to use sun screen to avoid pigmentation changes in the treated areas.
- Redness, swelling and bumps are normal after the procedure. Use ice to numb and cool the area. This will resolve within a day or so.
- Avoid exercise for the first 24 hours as perspiration can increase irritation.
- Don’t go to the tanning booth.
- Gently was the treated areas after the procedure unless your skin burns or itches. Do not wax or pluck after treatment. Shaving is fine, but the treated hair will fall out.
At Cary Med Spa and Wellness in Cary, North Carolina, we know our business. Call us with any of your concerns. We are here to help you.
To learn more call (919) 473-6002 or