Eyelash Extensions Care
Eyelash extensions are synthetic strands of eyelashes that curve to reproduce the appearance of natural eyelashes. They can look and feel totally natural. They are applied one by one to each individual natural lash with surgical glue. When professionally applied, they should last the length of time it takes for your natural lash growth out, which is about 6-8 weeks.
If you are gentle with your daily care, and have touch ups every 2-3 weeks, eyelash extensions may remain indefinitely, though a touch up may be needed to fill in where your lashes have fallen out.
How do you care for them?
Eyelash extensions are high maintenance!
- For 24-48 hrs after application, do not get your lashes wet.
- For 24-48 hrs after application, avoid working out, hot yoga and anything that can make the lashes stick together. After that you can swim, exercise and shower.
- Brush out and separate your lashes every time they get wet with a lash comb. Many experts suggest using a special blow dryer and brush specially designed for eyelash extensions.
- Avoid steam and sauna baths
- Do not run water on your eyes and keep shampoos, conditioner, and oils off your lashes
- Do not rub your eyes
- Do not use mechanical lash curlers
- Do not pull on your lashes
- You shouldn’t need any mascara, but if you must, use a water based mascara, applied only to the tips of the extensions. Use only water based mascara remover and be gentle
- Don’t use cotton pads to wipe over your lids as the cotton can get caught in the lashes
- Sleep on your back right after your application and for 1 day after, to allow time for the glue to dry
- Lubricate your new lashes with a drop of baby oil to keep them supple. Apply with your fingers and do not rub
At Cary Med Spa and Wellness in Cary, North Carolina, our specialists will work with you to choose the right length and fullness. They will expertly apply your eyelash extensions. This list is provided for your convenience. Our aesthetician will discuss this information and your goals with you.
To schedule call (919) 473-6002 or